Call for Application – TBEC Manager
Thursday, November 12th, 2015
CALL FOR APPLICATION for the position of TBEC MANAGER
TBEC Manager Job Description 2015
The Tonga Business Enterprise Centre (TBEC) is an initiative driven by private sector and funded through the New Zealand Aid Program. The TBEC facility is located and supported within the Tonga Chamber of Commerce & Industry Inc. (TCCI). The aim of TBEC is to help advance Tonga’s private sector businesses by providing business advisory services and mentoring resources supported by an annual calendar of training.
We are seeking a full-time Manager to assume the responsibilities of managing the facility, leading its staff and programs, along with providing business advisory services to TBEC clients.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Implement the program in line with the identified strategies
- Provide business advisory services to Tonga based SME’s
- Provide leadership and support to key TBEC program activities and the Private Sector Training Program
- Provide monthly reports on progress against the annual work plan including budget
- Provide twice yearly reports on progress and impacts in delivering the annual training plan
- Report the delivery of outputs and progress towards meeting the work plan
- Ensure the delivery of outputs as identified in the work plan
- Ensure prudent management of organization resources, people, capital and expenditure
- Maintain appropriate organization structure and environment
- Continually review and ensure those policies, service provision, resource allocation and the performance of TBEC
- Anticipate and plan for future demands on TBEC, including adapting mechanisms by which to maximize TBEC’s contribution and support to Private Sector
- Develop and maintain high levels of satisfaction with the services TBEC provide
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the business sector, community, education providers, local agencies, media and relevant Government agencies
- Develop an annual calendar addressing the needs of Tongan SME’s
- Ensure that training calendars provide for quality training and high caliber trainers
- Source solutions for businesses and implement them
- Remain independent and solution oriented for businesses
- TBEC manager must ensure that TBEC follows and complies with all the requirements agreed to in the Agreement signed with NZ Aid Programme.
TCCI are the implementing agency for TBEC and as such the TBEC Manager will report to the TCCI Executive Council. The Manager will work collaboratively with TCCI as required and on occasion may have both informal and formal reporting engagements with the New Zealand Aid Program. Specific reporting mechanisms for the differing program activities will be provided to the successful applicant.
- A relevant tertiary degree in Business Administration, Management, Economics, or related field; equivalent 10 years relevant working experience also accepted
- Experience and demonstrate skill in business training, providing business advices and business
- Fluency in English and in Tongan is a must.
- Advanced computer skills in word-processing, Excel, Outlook, spreadsheets, email, internet explorer and basic accounting book-keeping skills
- Highly – organized with excellent time management skills
- Applicants must have demonstrated ability working in the private sector Applicants should provide a letter addressing and highlighting their experience and capacity to meet the main job task and responsibilities noted above, along with a CV providing 3 relevant references.
Applications should be forwarded by email to: email@example.com
And labelled: “TBEC Manager Position”
Closing date: 8 th January 2016 at 5.00pm, Tonga Time.
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with education level and work experience.
- Additional information about TBEC can be sourced on www.tbec.to
Leave a Reply